Ultimate Guacamole


The name is reminiscent of a Super Hero.

Gorgeously green, subtly tinged with a light squeeze of lemon, a pinch of salt, and the warm nuance of garlic, this is absolutely the best recipe for guacamole I’ve ever tasted. (And believe me, I’ve had a fair share of the green stuff).

My Subtly Amazing husband is actually a subtly amazing cook when he puts his mind to it. This is his go-to recipe. I bet he makes a batch at least once a week.

He whips it up for last minute company, and when we have a dinner party to go to, or simply to celebrate Friday afternoon. Sometimes, if I play my cards right and bat my lashes when I am craving it, even Wednesday afternoons.

I’ve been known to eat nothing but chips and guac for dinner.

This is not only the freshest and best tasting recipe for guacamole I’ve sampled, but there are only a few basic ingredients. It’s so simple to make, he’s passed the recipe down to my son:

· 1 or 2 large ripe avocados (preferably organic)
· 1 large clove of garlic finely minced or pushed through a garlic press
· A couple glugs of high quality olive oil (makes it extra rich and creamy)
· A Squeeze of lemon or lime juice to taste
· A pinch or 2 of sea salt

Mash together the avocados, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice with a fork, then season with a few dashes of salt.

*Be sure to put the avocado pit right into the bowl along with your glowing green concoction if you are preparing it in anticipation that it won’t be consumed immediately. The pit helps to keep it fresh tasting and void of unsavory browning.

Serve with pita chips, blue corn chips or your favorite brand corn chip. Also delicious served on toasted bread with a little smudge of cream cheese and a slice of cucumber... my sons favorite breakfast treat.






Comments

Popular Posts