April 22, 2013

Baked Ricotta with Roasted Garlic and Lemon


I'm a huge fan of the classic appetizer, warm Parmesan and artichoke dip.  To be perfectly honest, I pretty much swoon at the mention of just about any warm gooey-cheesy type of food, and though I could probably become a vegetarian, (with the exception of bacon) I doubt I could ever become a full fledged vegan due to my addiction to cheese.

I discovered this quick delicious dip online a few weeks ago while reading an article about a new cookbook called "Cook Like a Rock Star" and tried it out on the fam.  Everyone loved it and it disappeared rather quickly.  I recommend doubling the recipe and storing a bit of it in the freezer or fridge for a last minute appetizer when friends stop in.  Crackers or thinly sliced baguette pieces toasted in the oven while the cheese warms up are perfect for scooping. 

Baked Ricotta

2 cups ricotta cheese
3-5 cloves roasted garlic cloves
1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 lemon, zest only
3 tablespoons olive oil (plus a bit for drizzling on at the end)
1 pinch red pepper flakes
2 hefty pinches sea salt

Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well. 
Scoop dip into a buttered baking dish (I divided it into 2 small oven-safe bowls)
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes until lightly browned and hot.
Drizzle with some good olive oil and top with a bit of rosemary.

No comments:

Post a Comment