Breakfast in Seattle


I know I know. 
I've been missing in action for the past week or so.

No worries, though, all is well... it just so happened that a very romantic Subtly Amazing Husband whisked me and my youngest daughter off to Seattle for a week as an "end of the summer" and anniversary (five  years!) surprise.  It was quite last minute, as we found out that we were both able to take some time off our work at the Culinary School right after the August class began.  My only regret was that the older, adorable kiddos had volleyball and football try-outs and daily doubles, so they couldn't join us, and stayed in town with dad. 

The hubs strapped our bikes to the back of the car.  I packed a bag of notebooks, felt pens, and books for Emma to entertain herself in the backseat, and we took off for a road trip.

I have been back at work this week, catching up, but for now I thought I'd share a few lovely photos of an AMAZING breakfast we were treated to by old friends, Shawna and Brian on our last day of vacation(I took their wedding photos a while back!)




(we met their new little bundle of joy, Ursula too) 













At Lola in downtown Seattle, close to Brian's work, we munched on fresh "made-to-order" doughnuts with marscapone and marmalade to begin with, and Emma was thrilled to find out that they happen to be her favorite Food Network Star, Giada De Laurentiis guilty pleasure as well.





Shawna ordered a Seattle Specialty, "Tom's Big Breakfast," which was somewhat of an Octopus Hash. 
She let me try it -- it was superbly delicious.


 and Brian ordered the most photogenic breakfast entree on the menu


Everything was fantastic and the restaurant was vibrant and humming at 10:00 in the morning that Friday.  


One thing about working at a Culinary School is that vacations are partly, sometimes MOSTLY, centered around what and where to eat. 

More to come about that, as well as more Seattle Adventures in the next few postings~

Comments

Popular Posts